Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

This is the first year we did pumpkin carving by ourselves. I thought it was going to be crazy and stressful, but it wasn't. It was actually fun. We cut off the tops and then had the kids take out the seeds, which for some reason they call "nuts". Ryker and Jocelyn were not fans and pretty much waited for Skyler to do it. I made them stick their hands in for a picture. Then we set about the carving. The "warty" pumpkins from Paca's garden were really hard to carve. Thick hard skin. So Skyler did those ones and we survived. It was so much easier this year because we didn't do elaborate things on them. Simple faces is the way to go. Lucky for us the kids still loved it. Ryker would tell me what to do and I would do it. So it is his own design without him using a knife. The boys wanted "scary" and the girls wanted smiles. (okay I admit Jocelyn didn't actually say or know what was going on. She just liked to take the "hat" off and look inside. Oh and take nibbles of the lid. I remember last year she crawled around and ate the guts.) We had a great time and it only took us about 45 minutes to do it. Besides look at those faces.


Pumpkin Heads.........
Oh man these kids are funny. I love them.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: