Monday, November 9, 2009

Big Boy Jaxon

Jax is offically potty trained! He has been really good about going on the potty. It has taken a while to get to this point mostly because of my laziness. I got him a box of pull ups and just let him learn what it was like to need to go potty. I didn't push him too much just occasionally asked him if he needed to go and would take him. Then he went to the hospital and we had a set back. So we almost had to start over. When his pull ups were gone we started hard core. Only underpants. I felt at times that I was going crazy. I was doing laundry almost everyday just for his under wear. (I didn't want to buy tons of underwear because I knew it wouldn't last forever). So he filled up his potty chart and got his "potty prize". He was pretty excited. We went to Toys R Us just me him and Jocelyn. That was nice because then some other kids weren't telling him what to get. He picked out his own thing and loves it. (if you know Jax you know how much he LOVES Cars.) Then for two days he kept asking why he got a prize and no one else. What a sensitive kid. It was cute. I had to keep telling him it was because he is a big boy now and filled up his potty chart with stickers. He still would say oh so I got a prize and the other guys didn't. Exactly. They got theres a long time ago. Anyway, something I learned is to not let the peed in pants get to you. Don't get stressed out they feel it and then get frustrated themselves and then don't want to go potty. I really needed to just say oops and change his clothes. I know for most of you this is a no brainer but for some reason I had a hard time keeping my cool sometimes. So there is another rambling story that should have taken two sentences. Sorry. I am very proud and happy that Jax is potty trained. 3 months of only one kid in daipers!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nate and Ashley said...

Yay! Don't worry it took me a LONG time to figure that out too. but once I did man it was almost a breeze. Now hopefully I can remember it for the next time around.

Emily said...

Way to go Jaxon! We are proud of you too!

Sharon said...

Congrats!