Spring Break this year was a lot of fun. We left Saturday and headed down to Zions.
Here are a few kids on the Emerald Pools trail. We didn't get very far, because there was a little mishap with the hiking backpacks (to carry babies). We left them in Skyler's car...in SPRINGVILLE! Yep. Good move. So, my mom so very very nicely drove half way to us and Skyler drove halfway home to get them. Talk about a waste of a day. Kind of disappointing. (the backpacks were not for my kids, we were supposed to bring them for Skyler's brother's kids. They have two 1 year olds.) Anyway, we hiked up to the first pool and then headed back to the RV park (where the bro-in-law was staying) to let the kids swim. Now wouldn't it have been smart to bring swimsuits with us? I am not smart. We left them in the house where we were staying. So, I drove back to the house and got them while the kids ate at the RV park. Whew! So far, we are off to a good start!
Grandpa with the boys at Emerald Pool
Grandma with the girls.
On Easter we came back from hiking and I had dinner planned. I brought all the stuff with us for a "real" Easter dinner. It was kind of late when we got to it, but, such is life. After dinner we were sitting around enjoying just sitting for a minute, when I was reminded that I also packed a ton of stuff for an Easter egg hunt. We ended up having our hunt in the dark using phone flashlights to try to find all the candy and eggs. I was fun and I am sure the kids will remember it forever.
He is the cutest.
Grandparents with all the grand kids that came. (only 2 of the 5 families)
We did a lot of hikes, but I didn't want to bring my camera with me. Too dangerous. Also, we were usually on cliff like trails and I didn't want to take my eyes off kids long enough to take pictures, so I didn't get very many.
This is when we hiked the narrows. We didn't go the whole way because the water was pretty deep, but we did go some of the way. The kids thought the water was fun until it got hard to walk in because of how fast it was moving, that was our cue to leave.
Pictures across the river.
That is all I have from Zions.
We hiked Emerald Pools, Watchman's trail, Hidden Canyon (all the kids say this was their favorite hike), Narrows, and other little hikes.
2 comments:
So glad you had us come, we had a great time!
Looks amazing! It wouldn't be a real family vacation if you didn't forget to pack things! (:
Post a Comment