Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Playin' at the trailer park...I mean RV park, and the big sand hill

We drove from Zions to Moab on Tuesday.  I-70 is not the greatest road to drive on, just FYI.  Anyway, after we got to Moab and unloaded we went to the RV park where Jeremy and Rachel were and had dinner.  Lucky for us, their site was right next to a little playground area.  Of course after being in the car all day, the kids were very excited to be out playing. (Why were they not completely tired from all the hiking?  Where do they get their energy?)  
So the kids played while I snapped pictures of all the cuteness.

Can you believe all the cute littles everywhere?








These two were best buds.  Let's be honest, all the girls acted like Lilly was the best thing ever!  She is pretty cool.  Most of the time these girls were really nice to let the little girls hang with them.


Thank goodness for basketball hoops.  Am I right Rachel?



Look close at this picture...Why the tongue Ryker?  

Little miss Jocelyn (who isn't little) and Little Lady.  Jocelyn LOVES babies!  Anytime Adelaide was awake and out of the hiking backpack Jocelyn was holding her. She is quite the little mother.  
But look, you can see how much Jocelyn loves her.


After dinner and playing we went down the street to a HUGE sand hill.  I love the hill.  It is one of the most favorite memories of going to Moab as a kid.  





See that group of people at the top?  That is us.  You might think that climbing a giant sand hill would be easy. Well, you thought wrong.  Feel the burn.  It was rough and you are completely out of breath from just walking.  Of course we thought we were superheros or something and tried to run up first. I made it about half way.  Then I realized I wanted pictures, so I ran back down and gave my camera to Jeremy (who was at the bottom with Adelaide and Clark) then went back up.  And this time I brought Hunter with me.  Skyler had to help with Hunter part way up, because holy cow, heavy kid, steep hill, and sand.  It was quite the work out. 


Running down the hill and Monte wiped out! Good times. 

















The kids of course found a random dog to be friends with.  Surprise! Jocelyn is holding Adelaide.  (I hope Clark doesn't feel left out, but he is kind of heavy ;))

Love her.

Next, Arches and all the hiking.  I am getting tired again thinking about it. 
Stay Tuned!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanks for all the post, it looked like you guys had a great time!!!

Unknown said...

Fun! Sand hills are fun but exhausting! Cute kids! Clara is a little mommy like Jocelyn, too!