Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tim-brrr

THIS is how you go pick a tree and chop it down.
The real way. In the real forest.


So we did go chop down a tree. It was freezing (that is to be expected, no?) It is HARD walking in 2+ feet of snow. It is 10x harder to drag a tree through said snow. I sat in/ stayed next to the car the whole time. But when the tree choppers came close and went and tried to help them make it the last little bit. I went 10 feet and thought I might kill over. Notice how far they had to go up the hill/mountain. Makes me tired. The kids were pretty much done waiting by the time they got back but I bet the others were done walking through the snow. I have NEVER seen Dallin get tired or worn out and he is constantly moving. But he was having a hard time and that tells you how difficult it was. That being said, it was a great experience and when all was said and done, everyone thought the same thing. So when you want the REAL experience of chopping down your own tree you can come with us!

P.S. my camera died so I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted sorry. I will also have pictures of our tree when Skyler gets it lit!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Brrrr!!!! Real trees smell so great!

emilydeardeuff said...

That is right out of an adventure magazine! That picture of Jaxon makes me laugh so much! It looks so cold! Can't wait to see the tree!