Wednesday, September 15, 2010

one year til I am 8!

Ryker had his 7th birthday on Sunday. It was quiet and relaxing compared to most Sundays/Birthdays. This was probably due to the fact that Ryker was sick. Nice birthday present. He didn't eat any of his requested dinner and didn't have any cake or ice cream. Sad. He got a bunch of cool stuff that he was excited to play with even though he wasn't 100%.


We gave him a new skateboard so I made him a skateboard cake. I had the idea and just decided to do it so he didn't get any say in what his cake was this year but he still thought it was pretty cool.
(yes I really did put it on wheels (taken off from his old skateboard))


Ryker is a really good big brother. He has moments of fighting and selfishness but who doesn't.
He is always concerned about the other kids when we are places and someone isn't keeping up. Kind of funny. When he gets on the bus with Reagan in the morning he goes up the steps and then turns around and waits to make sure Reagan gets up okay. Super cute. He is a really sensitve but tough kid. Basically he cries very easily if he is sad or happy about something (wonder where he gets that ;)) But then tries to cover it up to look macho. I love this kids to death and I don't know what to do with myself everyday when he is gone. (I am like the younger kids in that way) He is a great big brother and a great son. LOVE YOU RYKER!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Caitie said...

I love Ryker! He is such a sweet kid. I can't believe he is so old.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I love that boy! Great cake! Happy Birthday Ryker!!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday to Ryker! (As a fall birthday, I can sympathize. I think I've spent most of my birthdays sick, too.)

Emily said...

Happy Birthday to Ryker!! Wish we could have been there to celebrate! We hope he is feeling better! Fun cake idea!