One day I looked out side and noticed and bunch of weeds on the deck. I thought it was weird because the kids hadn't been back there all day. I went out to investigate. That is when I noticed all the bird poop. So I looked around some more. Then I noticed the weeds coming out of the grill. So I opened the grill up. Yeah. It made me laugh. So I started going back and forth as to what to do about it. I felt bad ruining her home for her babies so I thought I would leave it, then I realized I wouldn't be able to use the grill for a couple of months. And it was difficult for her to build the nest because everything was falling down in it. So I took some of the weeds off and started the grill up. I then put the bird house right next to the grill hoping she would build it there instead.
No such luck. She just built it in the grill again. Then I thought she was determined and just to leave it. Then I had a craving for teriyaki beef, which must be cooked on the grill. So the startings of her nest got burned again. She then tried again and I burned it again. Every time I would go out there I would wash away the poop and try to make it smell as "human" as possible. She didnt' care. She has finally gotten the hint and as moved on. So I guess I won't be making "chicken" for dinner.

1 comment:
Jenny, you're so funny!
Post a Comment