This morning when I was doing some part of the breakfast routine I heard this crash noise. At first I thought it was just the kids basketball ball hoop blowing over again. But alas that was already blown over from days ago. So I went outside to see what it was (there is consrtuction right now). Well I noticed that my fence was missing a couple pieces and my tree was broken. Then a lady two doors down was out on her deck and asked if I knew what happened. I said no. I thought it was the wind at first. Then I saw that her fance was down too (at least parts of it). So we were trying to figure out what was going on when a truck pulls up. Not a semi but a pick up truck. The lady asked him what happened and he said that the whole wheel (tire wheel everything) came off of the trailer he was hauling. So it came off the trailer flew over the barrier that is along the highway and flew through 3 fences........

This is my tree and fence and my next door nieghbors fence through the hole.
This is my tree and fence and my next door nieghbors fence through the hole.
This one you can see all three sections that got damaged.
One of the pieces of mine has a big huge tire skid mark on it. (didn't realize til later should have gotten a picture before I started this.)
A great start to the day. It really is kind of funny. The guy that was driving though felt really bad and when he came to my house and found out I had kids he had to make sure we weren't outside when it happened and no one got hurt. He said that if he would have hurt one of the kids he would never drive again. I feel bad for him. It really isn't that big of a deal. Made my morning more exciting. It would have been cool to actaully see it though. (is that morbid?)

7 comments:
That is crazy! The wreckage is like you see in the cartoons where something is thrown through multiple wall! Is that guys going to pay for the repairs?
He did leave insurance information. The lady who was all weird about it was going to call about the fence getting repaired since it is probably part of the home owners association.
Um, Scary! I am definitely going to worry about your kids now!
Amazing, glad to hear no one was out side.
That is so scary!!!! I am so glad the kids weren't outside playing!
Oh my gosh, that is really scary and of course I am glad nobody got hurt, but yeah, that would have been kind of cool to watch! (from a safe distance of course)
Thanks Jenny! I wish we could have gotten together sometime. I hope to come back and visit. That's really scary. I'm glad everyone was safe!
Post a Comment