Skyler got these bug catchers from Home Depot for the kids to put together. (I love their projects but it is nice to have Skyler just bring them home so we don't have to drag all the kids to the store early on Saturdays.) Anyway, we have had them for a while and decided that we should put them together because the kids loved seeing the grasshoppers all around. Well as it turns out the kids don't like bugs as much as me. So Skyler ended up catching all the bugs for them,(except Reagan who is the potato bug queen) but hey they still loved it. So here they are with the "catch of the day". Grasshoppers, potato bugs, praying matis', a worm (which died shortly after capture), some sort of weird thing that crawled too fast for my liking, a lady bug, and Skyler put a spider in Jocelyn's. (needless to say I stayed away from hers. But at the same time kept an eye on it so I would know if the thing escaped and started crawling on her). They love having their bugs and were sad when we said it was time to go inside. Of course I told them they could catch more today so they are just waiting for the go ahead. I don't know how they will catch any without Skyler here.......

This is what Jocelyn did at the beginning of the bug adventures. When she realized everyone had cool things with stuff in them, she wanted hers too. As you can tell our sandbox is also a swimming pool. yuck. (this is why she is only wearing a diaper in the above pictures)

This is what Jocelyn did at the beginning of the bug adventures. When she realized everyone had cool things with stuff in them, she wanted hers too. As you can tell our sandbox is also a swimming pool. yuck. (this is why she is only wearing a diaper in the above pictures)
Of course when you are looking for bugs you will always get a lesson in sex ed. The kids kept coming back to these guys and wanting to get them because there were two. Skyler said to leave them alone because they were busy........... what a guy. I would have knocked them apart and said I don't want MORE grasshoppers around here. It was funny though to have Ryker tell the neighbor about the grasshoppers that were busy on the plant. Good times!
Who knew that I could have such a long post about catching bugs!!! GEEZE!

4 comments:
looks like fun! I don't really like bugs at all so I enjoyed the "after the fact" pictures!
I was going to ask "what is the billions of grasshoppers this year," but I guess now I know.
Yeh, my kids think it is so cute with insects and wildlife are "hugging." Love the bug catchers! Joc is getting so big and I can't believe how bright her blues are!
How fun! I can't believe that tow head!!! Too cute!
Post a Comment